Poll: Will you be comfortable with some non irritating & clean ads on the forum?
Yes its absolutely fine!
Heck NO!
Screw this shit let me access the downloads!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need your suggestions to monetize the forum
11-26-2014, 08:44 AM
RE: Need your suggestions to monetize the forum
Affiliate links are good and untrusive
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

12-11-2014, 10:03 PM
I think promoting some offers with a banner related to IM. I see them on other forums, services like link building, facebook/twitter likes, content services and so on. Make the forum a 1 stop place for everything IM related.

If you add a services section or market place you could take a $1+ fee to become a seller. You would also verify the service as legit beforehand.
12-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Sell adspace to internet marketers. Big banners can be profitable if there's enough traffic
06-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Affiliate promotions to the member list, including as bonuses access to special downloads only accessible if purchase a product through your link
11-21-2015, 05:41 AM
Why not offer a paid training are for people who want coaching?
(02-27-2013 04:04 AM)montsa007 Wrote:  
(02-27-2013 03:44 AM)Clinton Wrote:  
(02-23-2013 05:15 AM)montsa007 Wrote:  I'll be honest & straight forward.

I'll NEVER ask for your money (VIP System is a NO NO over here).
I plan to run this forum for a very long time (Do note that this is my third forum Big Grin, in the same niche 'WSO')

Donation system at an early stage is an overkill IMO.
I could implement CPM ads, but from experience, most of them carry infected worms which aren't good for health, if you know of some legit ones let me know.

Can anyone tell me about a method to monetize this forum so things can be enhanced and more stuff can be shared Smile without annyoing the users?

P.S. - I know selling an advertising spot (old trick) but the forum is in a baby stage now. Am only keen to test some advertising providers. However if anyone is interested in buying an ad spot let me know, I'll show you the traffic logs etc., but remember whatever advertising goes on the forum, it should NOT annoy the users because the users are the asset of this forum, and I don't wish to kick the asset on its ass.

Why did I post this in public?
Because am not an asshole admin, I care for my members and their opinion matters to me, if they don't like monetization, that's fine no monetization will be coming to the board.

I think a small banner ads something as in yahoo emails is not at all a problem.
we are all bombarded by so many ads daily,I don't notice them anymore.
Ask members who have adsense site if they will put your link on their site.
No member would mix a BH site with a WH site mate, I wouldn't even recommend it.
(02-27-2013 03:56 AM)Theta Wrote:  Call me crazy but some of us do buy what we use. If we were to buy from your links that would do the trick right?
Can't say, but advertisers appreciate quality traffic.