Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Post count reducing? - Here is why
03-30-2013, 08:03 PM
Question Post count reducing? - Here is why
Lately I have to take a mop and clean many posts from the forum,

Some users sent me a PM asking why they can't see threads or where did their posts go?

Here's a simple answer + explanation

If you make posts like
"Thanks thats very cool"
(We already know you are thankful as you clicked the thank you button)

"I will download it later, I click the thank you button"
(We know you clicked the thank you button and you really need not tell when you are downloading it)

"Amazing share", "Wow nice share", "I like it"
(It really doesn't mean anything really?, these are simply targeted towards inflating you post count)

I periodically clean these posts as these encourage other newly registered members to spam (sorry) the forum, leech links and hide in the dark.

I request every user to spend quality time in making good posts that'll help you as well as us grow.

I personally feel pissed doing the cleaning job and don't feel like sharing most of my new finds, as it'd simply mean more cleaning.

I hope I'll see people making clean posts now Smile

Hey Guest, you need to contact me? - Feel free to PM me
The forum would be a dead place unless users post stuff on it, whatcha waiting for!?

Random User : montsa007, this nulled script has rats inside it!!
montsa007 - You get what you pay for mate Undecided
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

04-16-2013, 12:28 AM
RE: Post count reducing? - Here is why
Tha is good way to keep the forum clean
Find all posts by this user
04-16-2013, 03:04 PM
(03-30-2013 08:03 PM)montsa007 Wrote:  I personally feel pissed doing the cleaning job and don't feel like sharing most of my new finds, as it'd simply mean more cleaning.

Just my two cents:

I guess if you create a Master List of all such offending posts in 1 thread, it would serve as a warning of sorts!

If you get some1 to write a small nifty script that would delete posts similar to the Master List at one go, that would save lots of time and trouble!
05-03-2013, 06:31 AM
This is a pretty solid idea. thanks
06-07-2013, 08:51 PM
The problem as I see it is the Forum is asking for posts to qualify to see things and or download things ie you have to have x number of posts to make a download. This qualification means that many people, who are after something to download, will simply post anything, in an attempt to qualify a another post count increase, to get the download. This needs to be looked at in another way. Perhaps a set of questions that will produce greater value to the Forum content with answers that others can learn from. People coming to the forum will have some knowledge that they can pass on, even if it is failure. What they did and why it went wrong or What they did and how it succeeded and why. It is not just posts that are wanted, it is quality, and we as members need to contribute more, to get something back.
06-08-2013, 06:39 PM
(06-07-2013 08:51 PM)pbp1955 Wrote:  The problem as I see it is the Forum is asking for posts to qualify to see things and or download things ie you have to have x number of posts to make a download. This qualification means that many people, who are after something to download, will simply post anything, in an attempt to qualify a another post count increase, to get the download. This needs to be looked at in another way. Perhaps a set of questions that will produce greater value to the Forum content with answers that others can learn from. People coming to the forum will have some knowledge that they can pass on, even if it is failure. What they did and why it went wrong or What they did and how it succeeded and why. It is not just posts that are wanted, it is quality, and we as members need to contribute more, to get something back.

I personally check forum randomly and scrub useless posts.

Hey Guest, you need to contact me? - Feel free to PM me
The forum would be a dead place unless users post stuff on it, whatcha waiting for!?

Random User : montsa007, this nulled script has rats inside it!!
montsa007 - You get what you pay for mate Undecided
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2014, 06:29 AM
Will try to post high quality post and will make sure that my comments will not be low quality.
09-05-2014, 01:31 AM
Ok! Thanks For Enlightment!
03-16-2015, 01:26 AM
What I appreciate most is a point you made in another thread: "-Don't be a leech & leave reviews. If you downloaded something make sure you post a review about the product, this will help the fellow members in judging how the product was and they'll thank you for your review for saving their time, not everybody has a fast internet connection that is unlimited."

So useful for people who have been burned in the past. Would also appreciate if we somehow could update reviews, e.g. "this WSO was fantastic, but now Google will slap you for using those tactics", etc.
07-07-2015, 10:09 PM
You are always going to get leechers - it's just the way it is - there are some out there that find great shares - others have no idea where to even look - so it takes all sorts on a board like this.