Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RSS feed content question on blog
07-16-2013, 12:15 AM
RSS feed content question on blog
Hi all,

I am running a football/soccer related website/blog where I have just integrated RSS feeds to news from the English leagues from one of the leading sports news websites in England. That said, when someone clicks on the link to the news item, it takes them away from my site, which isn't ideal obviously.

My question is, does there exist a way for me to use this RSS feed, but "keep the content within my site", so to speak, therefore adding user experience, but keeping them within my site?

There are lots of wonderful plugin inventions, so I am hoping someone on here can assist or stand me correct on what I can or cannot do.

Thank you for your feedback.

Ad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

07-16-2013, 08:13 PM
RE: RSS feed content question on blog
Hey Adderap

I know not of a way to do this. I'm assuming that you have searched the plugin repository for something. As far as I am aware its the nature of RSS feeds that they provide content directly from the publishing site and therefore the links all go back to the source site.

I'm pretty sure there are some clever people out there that may have some kind of answer but I have never seen such a thing.

If you find something though, let us know

Hippi
07-16-2013, 08:19 PM
(07-16-2013 08:13 PM)Hippititimus Greybeard Wrote:  Hey Adderap

I know not of a way to do this. I'm assuming that you have searched the plugin repository for something. As far as I am aware its the nature of RSS feeds that they provide content directly from the publishing site and therefore the links all go back to the source site.

I'm pretty sure there are some clever people out there that may have some kind of answer but I have never seen such a thing.

If you find something though, let us know

Hippi

Hi Hippi,

Yes, I wasn't sure whether it existed either. The issue is using a useful external information source (in this case, the latest football news) to keep site users informed, however, the flipside is that it will take them away from the website. Therefore, I am trying to find the best way to deal with it.

BW, Ad
08-01-2013, 09:50 PM
do you really use rss
08-04-2013, 12:22 PM
I will suggest to not use this rss feed your site will not be credible especially with last update of google panda
08-25-2013, 02:48 PM
rewrite post from other web with adding link source
09-24-2013, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2013 04:41 AM by narres.)
(07-16-2013 12:15 AM)adderap Wrote:  Hi all,

I am running a football/soccer related website/blog where I have just integrated RSS feeds to news from the English leagues from one of the leading sports news websites in England. That said, when someone clicks on the link to the news item, it takes them away from my site, which isn't ideal obviously.

My question is, does there exist a way for me to use this RSS feed, but "keep the content within my site", so to speak, therefore adding user experience, but keeping them within my site?

There are lots of wonderful plugin inventions, so I am hoping someone on here can assist or stand me correct on what I can or cannot do.

Thank you for your feedback.

Ad.

I assume you're using FeedWordPress.

Register with us

or take a ride on the wild side w/

Register with us

(08-04-2013 12:22 PM)algeriano Wrote:  I will suggest to not use this rss feed your site will not be credible especially with last update of google panda

Google is not the only game in town. I get higher CTRs and conversions for verts through social traffic than I do from any of the search engines. I don't even worry about slaps and being deindexed anymore.
09-25-2013, 04:42 AM
I had to put the padlock on your links mate... no live links on the forum...

N...Tongue

Hey Guest If you are facing a hurdle that needs attention then please contact montsa007, NOT ME... GOT IT? Tongue
05-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Have you tried wp robot 4?