Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AE CS4 and mov files
02-20-2013, 08:57 AM
AE CS4 and mov files
I have a 32 bit machine so I can't upgrade to CS5 and beyond, my CS4 can't use the mov files included in the prerendered projects like Mystique.

Can I convert the mov files and if so to what format, I read that mov files contain extra information??

Sorry, I'm new to AE
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

02-20-2013, 10:25 AM
RE: AE CS4 and mov files
Dont know the answer m8 as I don't use AE
However I used to have a 30bit machine and I had cs5.5 installed I am sure?

CapWink

Code Yer Links - Make Mirrors - Thank the person sharing
Most of all have a good time Wink
02-20-2013, 11:24 AM
I went to the Adobe site (I think) and it indicated Adobe sold out on 64 bit for CS5. But then I tried to render a project in AE, only 30 seconds long and I stopped it after 25 minutes.

I think I'll let others do my AE work.
02-20-2013, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 11:37 AM by bluefrog.)
AE seems to like 64bit over 32bit, and indeed AE while works 'kind of' on 32bit, it doesn't really work correctly after CS4. What are you after?

[Image: frogbanner.png]
 Thanks given by: infinite
02-20-2013, 01:00 PM
(02-20-2013 11:36 AM)bluefrog Wrote:  AE seems to like 64bit over 32bit, and indeed AE while works 'kind of' on 32bit, it doesn't really work correctly after CS4. What are you after?

I was just trying to add some excitement to my videos with Intros and Outros but I don't feel like buying a new computer to do them. I think Fiverr will do just fine.

My frame of reference was desktop and Animoto Vids, they seemed to render in a reasonable amount of time. AE is surprisingly slow...
02-20-2013, 04:23 PM
I have used proshow producer to create small movies from my photos, did you try it?
Am sure you can do it this way "Movie - photos - Movie" by stitching them in the software.
They offer a 15 day trial, but hell you can find the cracked copy anywhere on the internet.
Look at some youtube videos that'll show you what can be done with that software Smile

Hey Guest, you need to contact me? - Feel free to PM me
The forum would be a dead place unless users post stuff on it, whatcha waiting for!?

Random User : montsa007, this nulled script has rats inside it!!
montsa007 - You get what you pay for mate Undecided
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-21-2013, 02:03 AM
(02-20-2013 04:23 PM)montsa007 Wrote:  I have used proshow producer to create small movies from my photos, did you try it?
Am sure you can do it this way "Movie - photos - Movie" by stitching them in the software.
They offer a 15 day trial, but hell you can find the cracked copy anywhere on the internet.
Look at some youtube videos that'll show you what can be done with that software Smile

Thanks Monsta, I do have it and used it a few times and will use it again, I also have Sony Vegas...
02-21-2013, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 03:29 AM by montsa007.)
(02-21-2013 02:03 AM)Theta Wrote:  
(02-20-2013 04:23 PM)montsa007 Wrote:  I have used proshow producer to create small movies from my photos, did you try it?

Thanks Monsta, I do have it and used it a few times and will use it again, I also have Sony Vegas...

I have a Sony Xperia TL Tongue
I just uploaded a few avatars in the forum database and tried 1 on your profile Tongue

Hey Guest, you need to contact me? - Feel free to PM me
The forum would be a dead place unless users post stuff on it, whatcha waiting for!?

Random User : montsa007, this nulled script has rats inside it!!
montsa007 - You get what you pay for mate Undecided
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2015, 04:58 AM
I used to have that machine too, it really works well